Learn How To Train Like a Pro In A Week
And Increase Your Cycling Performance!
Are you looking to improve your cycling performance? Come train with a Florida Cycling Champion. Joel Chavez is a Florida State Champion many times over and has dominated competitive cycling in Florida for years. Joel Chavez is the winner of the 2006 Florida State Points Series and was 3rd in 2007 and 2nd in 2008. Joel is also a former Cuban National Cycling Champion and Pan-American Gold Medalist in cycling. Joel’s cycling accomplishments are too long to list here, but please visit our About page to find out more.
Joel is also a USA Cycling Certified Coach and wants to share his cycling expertise with you. He invites you to come join him for a super week of training in the beautiful Tampa area. You’ll learn the secrets of his training routine that have kept him winning races for 20 years. See what these riders have to say about him…click here.
You will learn:
- how to develop maximum leg speed
- how to improve your endurance
- how to develop leg power
- how to race like a pro on our group training days
- how to stay competitive all year long
- proper nutrition for training and competition
Cycling Training Camp Dates:
Please contact us at contact@ChavezCycling.com to arrange your Cycling Training Camp Week or your Personal Cycling Coaching Services.
- Tuesday 9:00 a.m. 2-hour private training session on the Suncoast Trail
- Wednesday 8:00 a.m. 1.5-hour group ride (hills) followed by 1.5-hour private climbing training session
- Thursday 9:00 a.m. 4-hour private endurance training session on the Suncoast Trail
- Friday 9:00 a.m. 2-hour private training session on the Suncoast Trail followed by Q&A lunch
- Saturday morning 2.5-hour competitive group ride
- Sunday 8:00 a.m. 3.5-hour competitive group ride in the hills
The price of accomodations are not included. Please visit Expedia.com to make your airline and car rental reservations. We highly recommend the Residence Inn Tampa Suncoast Parkway at NorthPointe Village because the Training Camp meeting point will be there. Click on the hotel link (Residence Inn Tampa Suncoast Parkway at NorthPointe Village) to make your reservation. The hotel is new and located close to a variety of restaurants and shops.
You will need to provide your own transportation. Although we will be training near the recommended hotel on some days, we will also be travelling to local group rides on other days. When travelling, we will meet at the hotel and you will follow us in your own vehicle.
The hotel offers free breakfast with your accomodation. We will be providing energy bars and drinks for training. On Friday, you are invited to join us for a free Q&A lunch. You will be responsible for all other meals.
Other nearby activities you can do after your training sessions (if you still have energy!):
- Busch Gardens Tampa Bay
- Museum of Science and Industry, Tampa
- Lowry Park Zoo, Tampa
- The Florida Aquarium, Tampa
- Adventure Island Water Park, Tampa
- Channelside Restaurants & Bars, Downtown Tampa
- St. Petersburg Beaches (about 30-minute drive)
- Clearwater Beaches (about 30-minute drive)
- Walt Disney World Theme Parks, Orlando (about 85-mile drive)
- Universal Studios, Orlando (about 85-mile drive)
- Sea World, Orlando (about 85-mile drive)
- Kennedy Space Center (about 100-mile drive)
Things you need to bring with you:
- your bicycle (bike shop is nearby for re-assembly)
- a helmet
- cycling shoes
- water bottles
- cycling clothing (incl. gloves)
- flat tire repair kit (tubes, Co2, etc.)
- cell phone
Riders that train with us improve their cycling abilities and performance very quickly and have been able to upgrade their racing category in a short amount of time. During our private training sessions, we will be averaging 20-25mph. On the group rides, you will be riding with riders that reach up to 40mph, and others that will be riding between 20-25mph. So that you can get the best benefit from this training camp, we recommend that you are able to maintain an average of 20mph for at least 3 hours.
6-Day Training Camp Price:
$1,000 due on the first day of your Training Camp.